SPONSORED BY VALE OF MOWBRAY
Hand-filled filo parcels with four different flavours of mash served with creamy, homemade mint, cucumber and yogurt dip. The perfect accompaniments to some delicious Vale of Mowbray Pork pies
Pie give away
I have some pies to GIVE AWAY!! A whole hamper full of Vale of Mowbray pork pies! Who wants it??!! Scroll to the end of the post to enter.
(NB: Due to delivery constraints, prize can only be delivered to a Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Greater Manchester or Lancashire address)
These yummy little pork pies are loving made by Vale of the Mowbray who have been kind enough to send me a hamper to try, plus an extra hamper to give away to one lucky reader!! To enter follow the instructions at the bottom of this post!
Vale of Mowbray is a Yorkshire based company who have been baking up delicious pork pies since 1928!! From small to large, and from plain to pickle they have a full range of pies which are sure to keep any crowd happy for a good few hours.
To make full use of this lovely little hamper I’ve come up with a couple of homemade recipes that sit perfectly alongside these yummy pork pies. My favourite side dish to pie (or to any meal for that matter) is mashed potato!! I just love it! With plenty of butter and a good helping of horseradish mixed in – its just divine!! So, in keeping with handheld munching and my mash potato addiction, I’ve decided to parcel up my mash!! And this isn’t just any old mash – There are 4 different flavours to go at here!!
- Garlic and rosemary sweet potato mash
- Beetroot, lemon and thyme mash
- Bombay mash (amazing!!)
- Pesto and wasabi paste mash!! (oh yeah – thats right – wasabi – and its bloody brilliant, trust me!!)
Ok, so how are we making these little mash potato chaps??!! – do not fear – full picture guide below to make things nice and simple.
First off you will need some pre-made, shop-bought filo pastry – one pack is enough to make 12 filo parcels. Lay out the sheets on a board and cut into 3 strips:
Place all strips to one side, then take 3 sheets of 1 strip for each parcel. Lay the 3 sheets one on top of the other and fold over one side on the diagonal to make a triangle shape. This first fold is a guide for the placement of your mash – use around 2 tsp of mash per parcel (see recipe below for making up your mash):
Once your mash is in position begin to fold:
Keep the triangle shape and continue to fold to the end of the strip:
As you near the end, brush on some olive oil to seal:
Brush olive all over the outer layer of pastry and then place on baking tray:
These go into the oven for 15 minutes or until they are a lovely golden brown colour.
To go with the pies and the parcels I also made a creamy and refreshing cucumber, mint yogurt dip – this dip literally takes 5 minutes to throw together and goes so well with all that pastry.
A little rapeseed oil on the top just finishes it off nicely.
And dip!! I just love finger food and things which are super dip-able 🙂
To win the hamper full of yummy pork pies follow the instructions below, please read the full terms and conditions before you enter!!
Or give these mash potato filo parcels a go anyway – great party food or film night food 🙂
If all that pastry is a little much for you then I highly recommend just making the mash – each flavour is so so good. My favourite is definitely the pesto and wasabi, but give them a go and let me know which you prefer 🙂
All opinions in this post are my own.
With special thanks to Vale of Mowbray for the supply of two pork pie hampers.
— GIVEAWAY —
How to enter to win a Vale of Mowbray Pork Pie Hamper
This Give away is in collaboration with Vale of Mowbray. One winner will receive a Vale of Mowbray pork pie hamper, delivered by Vale of Mowbray. Please note that due to the nature of the prize needing refrigeration, the hamper can only be delivered to a Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Greater Manchester or Lancashire address. ProperFoodie reserves the right to select an alternative winner if the these conditions are not met.
Fill in your name and email address or login with Facebook in the Rafflecopter widget below, then enter by one of the 3 ways that will be displayed in this widget. Entry only requires you to complete 1 of the 3 options but it would be fabulous if you could have a go at doing all 3 🙂
Please note I will contact the winner by the email provided or via their primary Facebook email if logged in by Facebook. (if you no longer have access to your Facebook email, then please log in with your name and email.
The winners name will be posted below and on Facebook after the closing date. Good Luck!!
Terms and conditions
- You cannot enter after the closing date of 15th February 2018
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition, per reader.
- This give away is sponsored by Vale of Mowbray and the prize is a hamper of Vale of Mowbray Pork Pies.
- Due to the nature of the prize needing refrigeration, we can only deliver the hamper to a Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Greater Manchester or Lancashire address. ProperFoodie reserves the right to select an alternative winner if the these conditions are not met.
- The Hamper will be delivered by Vale of Mowbray.
- All prizes are subject to availability, and Proper Foodie reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters discretion.
- Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents. The prize can only be delivered to a Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Greater Manchester or Lancashire address.
- No purchase necessary.
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries received, via the Rafflecopter software.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email or Facebook (using the details provided at entry) within two days of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send full details of their postal address to which the Prize will be delivered.
- The winners name will be posted below and on Facebook after the closing date.
- If Proper Foodie cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time; or (ii) the winner does not return details of a postal address within two days of notification Proper Foodie reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the competition and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- Proper Foodie accepts no responsibility for damage to the prize.
- By entering any of Proper Foodie’s online prize draws and competitions you agree to having your name published below and on Facebook should you win the prize.
- Entrants details will only be used for ProperFoodie to make contact should the entrant be selected as the winner. At no point now or in the future will entrants details be passed on to a third party.
— RECIPE —
I am linking this recipe to #cookblogshare hosted by hijackedbytwins, recipesmadeeasy, everydayhealthyrecipes and Easypeasyfoodie. I am also linking to #brilliantblogposts by honestmum, #recipeoftheweek hosted by amummytoo, #CookOnceEatTwice hosted by seachingforspice, and #BakingCrumbs hosted by onlycrumbsremain.