This satay sauce literally takes 5 minutes and is a great way to liven up your meal, particularly a chicken dish.
Whats not to love with that delicious tahini and peanut butter going on.
Its even freezer friendly, so get a few batches made and frozen, ready for those last minute dinner parties or BBQs.
For a couple of ideas of how to use this great sauce check out my satay skewers and chicken satay platter with quinoa salad
How to make satay sauce
5 minute Satay Sauce
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown tahini sauce
- 1 green chilli deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 15 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 10 g of fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Place all the satay sauce ingredients into a food processor and blitz together. Gradually add small amounts of cold water until a smooth consistency is reached.