SPONSORED BY SILVER MUSHROOM – Christmas discount code below!!
My favourite kinda hot drink – the Irish kind! I’ve loved baileys coffee for nearly all of my adult life and I just love being able to make it at home in my fancy latte glasses. Its especially great at Christmas with a bit of nutmeg sprinkled on top – but I honestly love this creamy liqueur coffee at any time of year
Baileys coffee liqueur
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without Baileys Irish Cream. I usually take mine on the rocks or even with crushed ice, whilst I’m busy wrapping presents (gift ideas here!!) or making one of my Christmas recipes. But every now and again the harsh British winter calls for something a little more cosy and warming. – Baileys Irish cream with coffee! This lovely coffee liqueur is so easy to whip up at home and is fabulous at Christmas with a topping of double cream and freshly grated nutmeg.
Irish coffee glass
To fully appreciate this lovely Baileys Irish cream coffee I love to serve it up in my fancy double walled latte glasses. The lovely folk at Silver Mushroom very kindly sent me these ones to try and I’ve been enjoying many a winter warmer including my aromatic blackberry gin hot toddy!
Silver mushroom have also been generous enough to provide a 5% discount code for all you lovely lot – so if you fancy getting yourself some of their fabulous glasses, make sure you use the code below to save 5% off your order!! Offer is for the whole of their site and will be valid until Christmas eve 2018!! Definitely have a proper look around the site – they have some lovely kitchenware including the fantastic whistling le creuset kettle you can see in these photos!!
How do you make baileys coffee?
With 4 simple ingredients plus some grated nutmeg if you like, and especially if its Christmas. For my ultimate, easy to make baileys coffee you will need strong coffee, golden syrup, Baileys Irish Cream and double cream. The trick to making the best baileys latte is to have plenty of sugar, in this case syrup, and to pour the ingredients in slowly to create pretty layers and to prevent curdling.
Don’t forget about the 5% off code for the silver mushroom website! – theres some lovely ideas for gifts as well.
SILVER MUSHROOM DISCOUNT CODE: PROPERFOODIE5
For more festive treats have a look at Christmas recipes section.
Baileys Irish cream with Coffee
- 400 ml Freshly made black coffee (enough for 2)
- 2 tsp Golden syrup
- 2 measures of Baileys Irish cream
- 50 ml double cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg to serve
- First prepare the glasses you will be using by pouring in warm/boiling water and leaving for a few minutes to allow to glasses to warm up. Whilst the glasses are warming prepare the coffee in a jug or cafetiere.
- Carefully empty the water from the glasses and then add a teaspoon of golden syrup to each glass. Divide the black coffee between the two glasses and stir well until the syrup has dissolved. Next carefully add a measure of baileys to each glass. Pour in slowly to allow the baileys to sit nearer the top of the glass so creating gradual change in colour down the glass. Finally add the cream to the top - stir the cream well first then pour slowly over the back of a spoon so the cream sits on top of the Irish coffee. The tip of the spoon should be just touching the surface of the coffee as you pour and the cream should run off the spoon and onto the top of the coffee.
- To finish off sprinkle over some freshly grated nutmeg
- Serve and enjoy - preferably with a good film and a box of chocolates 🙂