ADVERTISEMENT FEATURE FOR LOVELL HOMES
An easy feast of a meal: Jam packed full of Mexican flavours; this paprika chicken recipe complete with homemade guacamole and mixed bean salad will not disappoint
This is one of those meals that I just know I’m going to make again and again. Anything with extras (aka homemade creamy guac) is always going to be a winner in my eyes.
So first off you have this lovely succulent, bursting with fiery flavours, paprika chicken. This is best served in a shop-bought wrap with a bit of lettuce. And if you’re in a rush just serve up the chicken in a big bowl and let everyone dig in and make their own.
Then you have a lovely refreshing but creamy, 5 minute guacamole. Made with creamy avocado, tomato and chilli. And it really does just take 5 minutes and theres no need for getting out a blender or anything like that. If in doubt just follow the recipe below and have a look at my simple guide for cutting an avocado.
Mixed bean salad
And finally: mixed bean salad – and this practically makes itself with your choice of tinned beans, tinned sweetcorn and citrusy mustard dressing with a sprinkling of fresh herbs. Make in advance to be brilliantly organised, super speedy and generally rockin making tea that night.
Paprika chicken wraps done your way
My favourite thing about this recipe is that you can serve it up however you want. All the little extra can be added to the wraps if preferred – get them fully loaded with the guacamole, beans, squeeze of lime, fresh coriander, maybe a helping of freshly chopped chillies? and if your extra hungry – add in some rice and…..MAKE BURRITOS! For making burritos and other burrito inspiration have a look at my Chicken tinga burritos and my beef brisket burritos.
I really don’t think I could wish for anything more after a long day. – – – Ok, maybe a spot of sticky apple tart with ice cream or a slice of banana cake with mascarpone cream would be quite nice as well 🙂
Win £250 worth of M&S vouchers with Lovell Homes
I just know that you really don’t need another reason to give this recipe a try – but just incase: How about a chance to win £250 worth of M&S vouchers? I originally created this tasty recipe for Lovell Homes as part of their Summer Eats Campaign. The campaign has just been launched along with a chance to win £250 of M&S vouchers. Find out more here. COMPETITION NOW CLOSED.
Paprika chicken wraps with 5 minute guacamole & mixed bean salad
For the bean salad:
- 2 x400g tins of your choice of beans Borlotti, kidney, black bean, haricot, mixed beans
- 200 g tin of sweetcorn
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 30 g freshly chopped coriander leaves
For the guacamole:
- 50 g Tomatoes seeds removed and flesh finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli pepper finely chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 Juice of a lime
For the paprika chicken wraps:
- 800g Chicken breasts cubed (4 breasts)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Honey
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 wraps
- Lettuce leaves optional
- Extra lime wedges and fresh coriander leaves to serve
To make the mixed bean salad:
- Drain the tinned beans and sweetcorn into a sieve then rinse well with tap water. Transfer the beans and sweetcorn to a salad bowl. In a small mug or bowl mix together the cider vinegar, oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the beans and add the coriander leaves. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the guacamole:
- Place the chopped tomato flesh and chopped red chilli in a cereal-sized bowl. Half the avocado and carefully remove the stone (stick the blade of the knife into the stone and twist). Whilst the flesh is still inside the avocado skin use a folk to rake through the flesh and mash up. Scrape the mashed flesh into the bowl with the tomato and chilli. Immediately squeeze the lime juice over the avocado to help stop any browning. Mix together well. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the paprika chicken wraps
- Place the cubed chicken into a mixing bowl. Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, ground coriander, honey, salt and pepper then mix until the chicken is fully coated. Place a frying pan or wok on a medium heat and add the oil. Place the coated chicken into the frying pan and stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking place the wraps in the microwave for 30 seconds or low oven for 5 minute to slightly warm. Lay out the wraps and place a few torn lettuce leaves on each one – place nearer the top of the wrap to leave room to fold over the bottom edge. Divide the cooked chicken between the wraps then roll up by folding up the bottom edge of the wrap, then bring the left side, then right side over. Secure with a cocktail stick if necessary – but if you’re cooking for children take extra care and remember to tell them that its there!!
- Serve up along with the mixed bean salad and homemade guacamole.
PIN FOR LATER
am linking this recipe to #cookblogshare hosted by peachickbakery, hijackedbytwins, recipesmadeeasy, everydayhealthyrecipes and Easypeasyfoodie. I am also linking to #brilliantblogposts by honestmum, and #cookonceeattwice by searchingforspice.